Replacement certificate


If you require a replacement certificate for a non-degree programme (e.g HNC, HND) you can order this from SQA online.

Your award certificate is a unique and valuable document, which should be carefully preserved. The loss or destruction of a certificate is a serious matter and a duplicate will only be issued at the discretion of the University of the Highlands and Islands. The university reserves the right not to issue a duplicate.

Award certificates are issued in the name held in formal records at the point when the qualification is conferred.  Certificates will not be amended or reissued in a different name if a change of name is notified after the date the qualification is conferred, except in the case of an error made by the university in recording personal details, or if a valid request is made under the Gender Recognition Act 2004.

Students can have their certificate issued in either Gaelic or English. If you have your certificate in Gaelic and require translation or a copy made to English (or vice versa) please contact the Student Records Office for further details.

You can apply for a replacement certificate by requesting an application form from the Student Records Office. An administration charge of £35 (incl VAT) will apply to the processing of the application, and a postal charge of £8.50 will apply to addresses outside of the UK. Payment can be made online or by cheque, made payable to the University of the Highlands and Islands.