The principal and vice-chancellor, secretary and associated staff are responsible for the overall operations of the University of the Highlands and Islands as well as relationships with our partner colleges and research institutions throughout the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
Each of our partner colleges and research institutions also has their own principal or director with responsibilities to their own board or board of management.
- Dr Gary Campbell, Vice-Principal (Strategic Developments)
- Professor Donna Heddle, Acting Vice-Principal (Research and Impact)
- Dr Jen Vanderhoven, Vice-Principal Engagement
- Dr Brian Boag, Subject Network Leader for Humanities, Education and Gaelic and Acting Dean of Arts, Humanities and Business
- Dr Susan Bryan, Acting Dean of Science, Health and Engineering.
- Michael Rayner, Dean of Research
- Dr Iain Morrison, Dean of Students
- Rhiannon Tinsley, Academic Registrar
- John Maher, Director of Learning and Information Services
- Gary I Campbell, Key Accounts Director
- Niall McArthur, Director of Corporate Resources
- Roger Sendall, Acting Secretary and Director of Corporate Governance, Corporate Governance and Records Management
- Lorna Walker, Director of Strategic Organisational and Human Resources Development
- Margaret Antonson, Director of Marketing, Planning and Performance