The UHI Knowledge Exchange team works to increase the university's collaborative research with other universities/organisations, businesses, government, and third sector parties to ensure: collaborative training through CPD; studentship projects and training in enterprise and entrepreneurship; Knowledge Exchange projects such as Scottish Funding Council Innovation Vouchers and UKRI (Innovate UK) Knowledge Transfer Partnerships; as well as to encourage our researchers to take part in commercialisation and development activities.
We work collaboratively with the Knowledge Exchange Team.
So far, we have been involved in the following knowledge exchange activities :
- Nordic Seminars - a series of public lectures by renowned international and local scholars held in Orkney and Shetland. See our Facebook and online events diary for upcoming events.
- the Orkney Heritage Society's Year of Orkney Dialect initiative.
- publication of Small Boats of Shetland, based on and written by one of our MLitt Orkney and Shetland Studies alumni, Alison Munro. Funded by the Scottish Funding Council Innovation Voucher Scheme.
- annual week-long Summer Courses, which connect to our MLitt programmes
- Evening classes in a range of topics
- Mimir's Well : a monthly column in the local newspaper The Orcadian
- From Papay to Polynesia: a study of tourism in small islands. Co-Investigators: Prof. Donna Heddle and Dr. Alexandra Sanmark. Funded by the Global Challenges Research Fund.