Workforce upskilling and reskilling
"Through the university, the region has greater control of its own economic and social future which will be especially important in helping its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic."
Biggar Economics, Economic Impact Assessment 2020
We are here to support employers and individuals across our region and beyond, particularly in responding to the immediate and future challenges impacting local, national and global economies. Through our university partnership, we are uniquely placed to support the upskilling, reskilling and retraining needs of our region through:
- Courses available at all levels from access to postgraduate
- Tailored training solutions for specific business needs
- Blended learning approaches that have been connecting our student communities for more than 20 years, allowing flexible delivery to suit current workplace restrictions and changing government guidance
- Working with regional agencies on funding opportunities open to employers and individuals.
We have been listening to our local and regional businesses and focusing our offer on providing relevant training and continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities which will also support economic recovery of the region.
We offer a range of other part-time courses at all levels designed for individuals looking for employment and upskilling the current workforce.
The university also supports a wide range of :
- Apprenticeships opportunities
- Research, innovation and consultancy available across a number of different business sectors
Find out about training courses and tailored business solutions available through your local campus :
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHI
- Scottish Association for Marine Science UHI
- Shetland UHI
- West Highland College UHI