Prevent is about safeguarding and supporting those vulnerable to radicalisation and extremism
Early identification can allow us to safeguard the wellbeing of vulnerable students. Appropriate support can then be provided, in a range of different ways.
Potential signs to look out for
- Notable changes in behaviour/mood
- Expressing extreme political or radical views
- Appearing increasingly sympathetic to acts of terrorism
- Being overly secretative about online activity
- Expressing 'us' and 'them' mentality
- Significant change in appearance
- Isolating from friends and family
- Becoming withdrawn
If you are concerned about someone, don't ignore it. You can speak to one of the local Support Contacts at the college where you are enrolled, or contact the person with specific Safeguarding responsibility at your campus or learning centre.
Together, we can act early and protect those who are most vulnerable from being exploited.