Returning UHI Equipment
If you have been provded ICT equipment as a student at EO you may be asked to return equipment if it is faulty or if you are leaving.
To do so, please follow the below steps:
- Please ensure that you submit the Hardware form on the Self Service Portal (SSP/Unidesk) to report the fault or the return of equipment.
- In the Hardware form please advise how you want to return the equipment:
- if you wish to drop off the equipment. You can do so at UHI House.
- If you wish to post the equipment the Desktop team will advise you of the address to send the equipment.
- Please ensure you also include Asset tags for the equipment where provided.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the equipment is packaged securely.
- Ensure that the box/outer containers are strong enough for their contents.
- Fragile items such as monitors or laptops should not touch either each other, or the side of the container.
- Fill the container with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips
- Put a contact name and SSP reference number (will begin with 'I') inside the box so that we know who is sending it.
- Seal the container securely with vinyl tape along all edges and openings.
Once you have posted the items, please update the Unidesk ticket to advise the team it has been sent.