Resilience Leadership and Management PgCert
Course code N2N6
What is special about this course?
It is acknowledged that the development of resilience within organisations is a key priority and a mainstream business function. It is critical that organisations are equipped to build resilience into every aspect of their operations ensuring their ability to function fully, meet stakeholder needs and maintain the required level of service.
Organisations face constant challenges from both external and internal environments and need managers who are able to deal with this appropriately. This can be achieved by understanding the importance of resilience while planning and executing suitable strategies.
This new PgCert Resilience Leadership and Management will provide those working within a resilience context a meaningful and contextual continuing professional development (CPD) award.
You will be introduced to the concepts of resilience in a UK and wider context and develop a critical understanding of legislation as well as theoretical models and tools. You will reflect on the tensions between planning to be crisis prepared, and the realities of managing an actual crisis. Integrated emergency management philosophy is key to managing resilience and this is explored in depth enabling you to apply this to your own context.
The programme also explores key theories of leadership and management and allows for reflection of your own practice through different perspectives. A further key element of the programme is the module focusing on managing cyber risk. This is designed to provide you with an understanding and deeper knowledge of how institutional cyber resilience is improved using established communications, leadership and management frameworks.
- You will combine specialist knowledge in cyber resilience and risk with key management and leadership skills
- Provides continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for those in the field who wish to upskill their current knowledge, and for those looking for a career in this area
- You will study part time and online through the university's virtual learning environment (VLE) which means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- 2.2 honours degree or above
- An ordinary degree or equivalent at SCQF level 9 will also be considered with a minimum of three years relevant work experience
You will study the following core modules:
- Understanding the resilience landscape
- Managing cyber risk
- Organisational management and leadership
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 12 to 18 months
- Part-time (unstructured): 2 to 3 years
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI - This course is fully online. You will be enrolled and receive support from tutors at Perth College UHI
For students normally domiciled in Scotland, with a term-time address in Scotland, the following fees apply:
• EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status in the UK,
• EEA/Swiss nationals with settled status in the UK
• EEA/Swiss nationals with pre-settled status who are self-employed or migrant workers in the UK.
|Per module (20 credits)||£560||£560|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£1,680||£1,680|
Rest of UK students
For students normally domiciled in the rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) studying online from home, or assessed as rest of the UK for fee status, the following fees apply:
|Per module (20 credits)||£650||£650|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£1,950||£1,950|
EU/EEA and Swiss nationals without settled or pre-settled status in the UK
Following the UK’s departure from the European Union, the Scottish Government has confirmed that EU/EEA and Swiss nationals starting their study in Scotland from academic year 2021-22, who do not have settled or pre-settled status, will be considered as international for fee purposes. For 2021-22, students will get an automatic fee scholarship.
This includes EEA/Swiss nationals with pre-settled status who are not self-employed or migrant workers in the UK.
|Per module (20 credits)||£980||£730|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£2940||£2,190|
For students who do not normally reside in the UK or European Union, studying online from their home country, or assessed as international for fee status, the following fees apply:
|Per module (20 credits)||£980||£980|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£2940||£2940|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
This course is not available for international students requiring Student Route visa sponsorship to study in the UK.
A no fee increase guarantee is available for self-funding full-time and structured part-time rest of the UK, EU and international postgraduate students for continuous study for the same award, up to the permitted standard time limit for the relevant award.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course you might like to consider careers as a:
- Resilience manager
- Business continuity manager
- Senior manager in both the public and private sectors
- SME manager
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Resilience Leadership and Management PgCert
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.