Information for Ukrainian Refugee Applicants


The Scottish Government has announced that it will fund studies for Ukrainians entering the UK under one of the Ukrainian entrance schemes :

How to apply

  1. Apply for one of our courses by clicking the apply button on the individual course page. If this is for a full time Undergraduate degree the link will take you to the UK UCAS central application service where you should complete your application, for other courses complete our online application form.  Find out about our English language requirements.
  2. To be eligible, you must have applied for either the Ukraine Family Scheme, the Homes for Ukraine Scheme or the Ukraine Extension Scheme  and provide evidence to us of your letter from the Home Office.
  3. Once you have been granted leave under one of these schemes and you meet the residences conditions you can apply for tuition fee support and living costs support. To be eligible for funding :

    - you have been granted leave outside of the immigration rules
    - you have lived in Ukraine before 1 January 2022
    - you left Ukraine following the Russian invasion of the country on 24 February 2022 

    To be eligible for the tuition fee support and living cost support, you must be both ordinarily resident :

    - in the UK at all times since first being granted this leave
    - in Scotland at the time of applying for student support

    Ordinarily Resident means to have 'habitual and normal residence in one place'. If you are ordinarily resident in England/Wales, you would need to contact Student Finance England (SFE) or Student Finance Wales (SFW) to apply for funding support.

  4. Once UHI receives your application, you will be advised of what to do at each stage of the application process by admissions staff.