Postgraduate Programmes & CPD
New for September 2023
UHI Rural Advanced Practice (RAP) MSc which is now open for applications. For more details visit: MSc Rural Advanced Practice (uhi.ac.uk)
If you are a registered nurse, midwife or other health or social care professional looking to extend your educational qualifications, we can offer you a range of education opportunities, from standalone CPD modules to Masters Degrees.
Our Masters programme in Advanced Nurse Practitioner/ Advanced Professional Practice can contribute towards a Masters in Science (MSc), Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate. You may also wish to undertake a standalone module for your continuing professional development.
As a postgraduate student, you will be taught by a highly qualified team of academic staff, who have extensive clinical and research experience, as well as by practising clinicians with whom we work in close partnership to ensure all our modules and programmes provide our students with the contemporary knowledge and skills to work in health and social care settings. We have particular expertise in remote and rural nursing and healthcare and our programmes also suit health and social care practitioners who work in these settings.
We have expertise in blended learning and use of Virtual Learning Environments. Web based teaching technologies mean that you can access our programmes wherever you are with excellent academic support.
Programme and CPD Modules
- Clinical Assessment for Advanced Practitioners (CAAP)
- Clinical Reasoning, Judgement and Decision-making
- Non-medical Prescribing (NMP) (SCQF Level 11 CPD option available)
- Professional Leadership and Resilience
- Improvement Science: Evaluating Quality in Health and Social Care
- Complexities of Care in Multi-morbidity
- Understanding Research in Evidence Based Practice
- Minor Injuries - Assessment and Management (SCQF Level 9 and Level 11 CPD option available)
On completion of 120 credits at Level 11 you may choose one of the following:
- Quality Improvement (QI) Dissertation (Improvement Science is pre-requisite)
- Applying Research Skills for Clinical Impact Dissertation (Understanding Research is pre-requisite)