UHI offers an innovative and exciting range of business and management related degrees, from accounting and finance, events to sports, adventure tourism and golf.
- We offer small classes give you a more personal experience of university
- A number of our programmes offer flexibility so that you can study general business and management skills and then choose to develop specific knowledge and expertise in key business areas, such as: marketing; enterprise; human resources management; and IT
- Several of our business degrees offer work-placement opportunities as well as residential field trips, clubs and international expeditions to enhance your skills and experience in adventure activities. Others offer research projects; live case studies; and presentations from a number of guest speakers. All of which enable students to apply their learning in a relevant business context
- In the final year of our BA (Hons) Business and Management programme as an alternative to a dissertation, students can undertake a critically evaluated business plan which can be used to launch a business venture
- Our BA (Hons) Golf Management programme has strong industry links with top clubs in the UK and abroad including Royal Dornoch Golf Club, St Andrews Links Trust and Castle Stuart as well as events experience at the Dunhill Links Championships and the Oman Open
- On completion of a variety of courses you may be able to gain membership of industry professional bodies
Jenny Taylor, BA (Hons) Adventure Tourism Management
“ I have really enjoyed this course. It's broad in what it covers and allows you to work with external instructors from adventure tourism, giving you the chance to build your own contacts. There are many opportunities and I have appreciated the different directions you can choose to follow, especially in second and third year when you can choose modules that suit your interests. There are also fantastic opportunities to develop your practical skills with an optional 'practical tokens' system giving you access to NGB awards. "
Jessica Stirling, BA (Hons) Business and Management
“ I chose this university as it allowed me to study in my home town and I also liked the idea of being able to create relationships with potential local employers through placements. This course starts off very broad and allows you to learn about all aspects of business management so you can decide on the area you wish to pursue. I enjoyed the marketing modules so during my third year I took a part-time placement with a local digital marketing agency, Teclan. I was taken back on a temporary contract before they offered me a full-time position at the end of my degree! ”
Denny Norris, BA (Hons) Event Management
“ I started my student journey with UHI on HND Professional Cookery and it was the fact that world-renowned chefs Andrew Fairlie and Tom Kitchin had studied here that attracted me to the course. My favourite thing about this university is the staff and lecturers. They made me feel special, cared for, and part of a larger community. I was known by my name, rather than feeling I was just a number. When things were tough, my tutors were always there to provide support, reassurance and steer me along the right path. "